Summer Capsule Wardrobe

Summer Capsule Wardrobe



Summer Capsule Wardrobe by trina_craig featuring a dot dress



I recently went on my blog's stats, and found out that my most viewed entry ever was my capsule wardrobe. I thought i would do my summer capsule. I don't find summer particularly easy to dress for. The rest of the season i can get away with layering things to make it look like i can dress myself reasonably well, and that isn't really an option with the summer... unless you want to bake to death! Also, as a more rounded body shape, the heat makes it hard to find options that look good for my body type without being overheated all summer.

click here to go to my original capsule wardrobe post.

Katrina's Summer Capsule Wardrobe
-Dresses are the best summer clothing! you can throw one on and some shoes and go to town! the two i have are my two favorite shapes of dresses for summer for my body type: the shirt dress and the shirred dress. i am fairly petite so the fitted part of shirred dresses hits at my waist.


-Tank Tops and T Shirts again.... i am hard on my t shirts and tank tops so i generally stick to pretty basic and neutral ones (navy, grey, white, black) that are easily replaced and buy more brightly coloured bottoms (such as skirts and shorts)


-Shorts. If you had talked to me a year ago i would have said shorts are evil, but last summer i found a pair that was mid length and made of cotton (dress pants material, not denim) and bought four different colours. 


-In Skirts i tend to stick to brighter coloured a-line skirts that hit the knee and go to my waist, and tuck one of my tank tops or t shirts into them... i know, fairly unoriginal


-I have a jacket i wear a lot in the summer, and this blazer vaguely resembles it. It is grey and has a great tie at the waist as well as buttons and three quarter length sleeves. It's fantastic for summer nights.


-Summer shoes are difficult for me, since i have bad knees i have to wear specific shoes, which sucks. Flip flops are out, but i can get away with Birkenstocks, and peep toe flats.


-Bags are great in the summer, i don't have to lug around backpacks all the time, so i can use some little cross body bags and clutches. I have a cross body bag that looks very similar to the one above, but considerably more beat up!


-Floppy hats are great to keep the sun away


-Bathing suits are frustrating. I don't own a bathing suit like this one, but this is what i want for one. 


-Accessories are more important in the summer because i can't rely on layers like i do during the year. I break out my big fun pendant collection. 


-a big slouchy bag is a fun alternative to the backpacks i drag around all year. i can throw my little purse inside if need be, along with a book and some sunscreen. 

2 comments:

  1. I adore the beautiful brown satchel! It is so adorable!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it !!!!

    amandawojtas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete